Saturday, August 31, 2013

Book Review: Decieving Derek

Cindy Procter-King... question for you. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!
I love books that keep me asking that question. Deceiving Derek was extremely short and my only complaint was that I wish it had been expanded into a novel because I wanted to keep reading about the budding romance between Lacey and Derek.
The book starts with Derek looking through his files, another day on the job (in a series of long days as a police officer) when this "kook" comes in trying to press charges about how someone stole her underwear. Derek decides to give the woman a few minutes of his time, mostly because he's not sure if she's serious.... and, in a small way, because he can't keep his eyes off the gorgeous woman who just might be a little crazy.
The thing I like most about Deceiving Derek is that, until we get into Lacey's head halfway through the book, we have no idea that the entire thing is a ruse and Lacey lied to him in order to get him to come to a bachelorette party as the scavenger hunt wild card item. There was so much potential here for a great story full of funny and entertaining conflict between the two workaholics-- Lacey, the owner and designer of fancy underwear and Detective Derek--the twin brother of her friend. It's a fun story, a quick read (I think it took me about 12-15 minutes total?) and I really enjoyed meeting such a fun cast of characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment