Saturday, August 3, 2013

Florida

We are here in Ocala, Florida visiting my mom-mom. My niece is such a doll and she's loving all the pool time we're getting :) I am rereading a favorite of mine in our downtime called Undone by the Duke. It's a fun, sexy story about a virgin recluse who sews these scandalous corsets and lingerie for ladies of the ton. When the Duke of Worthingstone appears wounded at her home in Scotland, Victoria takes him in and nurses him back to health. In return for her hospitality, Jonathan will help her heal as well, by helping her overcome her fear of the outdoors.
I love this story mostly because its so unusual for the daughter of a peer to be a seamstress, and--in this case--a seamstress who creates scandalous ladies' lingerie. The Duke is such a great character, as is Doctor Fraser. I can't wait to finish so that I can write a whole review for you, for those who are interested in romance novels placed in the Highlands. The Bride is also another favorite, though that will have to wait... It's back in Jersey!

No comments:

Post a Comment